Start making your own clothes now by joining this 5 week course which teaches all the dressmaking basics.
What will I learn how to do the following:
- Read a pattern envelope
- Accurately measure yourself and choose your pattern size
- Interpret your cutting layout and place on your pattern pieces
- Mark up your pattern using tailors tacks,dressmakers carbon paper and various types og marking pens
- Perform basic dressmaking techniques such as staystitching,understitching and topstitching
What is Included in my course?
- All equipment, teaching material plus a haberdashery pack which includes your pattern, thread to match your fabric, bobbin, and interfacing.
What do I need to bring?
- Up to 2m of dressmaking fabric
- 7'' matching zipper
Dates -Tuesday 23rd April - Tuesday 21st May ( 5 Weeks)
Costs - £125
Note - If you are new to sewing it is advisable that you join the beginners machine course before enrolling on this course.
I am now selling a Dressmakers Kit with everything to get you started, if you order the kit when booking your course it will be ready for you at the studio when you start. More details of what's inluded are here: http://www.thestudioatnumber30.co.uk/events/view/64