Start making your own clothes now by joining this 5 week course which teaches all the dressmaking basics.
What will I learn how to do the following:
- Read a pattern envelope
- Accurately measure yourself and choose your pattern size
- Interpret your cutting layout and place on your pattern pieces
- Mark up your pattern using tailors tacks,dressmakers carbon paper and various types og marking pens
- Perform basic dressmaking techniques such as staystitching,understitching and topstitching
What is Included in my course?
- All equipment, teaching material plus a haberdashery pack which includes your pattern, thread to match your fabric, bobbin, and interfacing.
What do I need to bring?
- Up to 2m of dressmaking fabric
- 7'' matching zipper
Dates -Thursday 17th January - Thursday 14th February
Costs - £125
Note - If you are new to sewing it is advisable that you join the beginners machine course before enrolling on this course.